11.02.2012

Marble 8

Boss called and asked me to do the drug test today. Drove to work, got the paperwork, drove across town, and peed for some lady. So, that's done. 

I got home in time for the furnace guy to come fix the ignitor. Again. T has changed it every year I've lived here. This year I'm on my own... At least I have heat now. 

The Ladies Banquet at church was at 6. it was really very nice. I was a little uncomfortable talking to the people around me, but Dr. D was at the table and she is always a doll, so it was OK. It was just the right length of time, too. I appreciated that. The kids got home from a band thing at almost exactly the same time I did. 

I had already decided what I wanted my marble picture this week to be. I wanted to take a picture of my marble in the hand of one of my new residents. I liked the idea of the marble in a wrinkled, old woman's hand... I forgot to take a marble with me to work today, so I thought I would ask Dr. D to hold it for the picture. But then the woman for whom the banquet was in honour got up to speak, and I thought she was a marvelous, inspirational woman. Amazing life. Truly inspiring... So after the dinner, I went to her, explained briefly what the marbles were for, and asked her if I could take a picture of my marble in her hand. She agreed. When I was done, she tried to give it back. I asked her to keep it. I'm not sure that she understood, but she acted honoured, and said she would take good care of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment