11.24.2012

Marble 11

Marble 11 is obviously sitting on my plate of Thanksgiving food. :) 

Although, truthfully, Thanksgiving was Thursday, and I didn't take this picture til Saturday, so it is actually a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. But the point remains. 

This week was great. Only 3 days of work, and then 2 paid holidays! :) 

I love my job. I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I love the residents, and I am starting to get the hang of everyone and everything that needs to be done. 

Thanksgiving was great. The kids were here. They came to visit work with me on Wednesday, because they didn't have school. They ran an activity and played music and brought a bunch of instruments for all of the residents to touch and play with. They did great. 

Then Thursday we took pies to the Fire stations, got lost again, came home, made food, and watched Arthur Christmas, which was a great Christmas movie. 

The next day L had plans with her friends, and wanted to get up early to go get the tree.  The morning wound up going to hell when she started the day off by marching into M's room and yelling at her for using her face wash. I tried to stop her, and she got mad at me. I tried to explain about "Is It Important" and asking her was the face wash really a big enough deal to risk setting M off and ruining the day? But it was too late. M was pissed because she swore she didn't use it, L was pissed because I didn't take "her side" which wasn't even the point of what I was trying to say... I wound up talking to her forever about things. SHe didn't want to hear any of it. I was pissed. Once again, what *I* wanted to do wasn't going to happen, because SHE couldn't just be agreeable, even for someone else. There is definitely still a small part of me that thinks that if she just hadn't been so bitchy that night about what restaurant we went to, that he wouldn't have broken up with me... But then, if he's gonna break up with someone because they had a bad day and argues with their kid, who needs him, right? Like he's not going to have the same issues with his when THEY are 17. Yeah, good luck with that, dude. 

Anyway, I finally decided that the same way we make M stay home and miss fun activities if she is going to be bitchy and refuse to go, that  I should just take M and get the tree anyway. It felt wrong to do it without L, but she made her choice. Her friends were more important. SO M and I went, and had lunch, and it was a lot of fun. I actually can see us getting along better when L is out of the picture next year. I hope so, anyway. 

We got a tree and brought it home and she really worked hard to help me put it up. We had no energy left for anything after that though. No lights, even. I will wait til they get home to decorate it. 

She went to her dad's that night. I watched a Christmas movie and wrapped gifts. The next day I raked / blowed the leaves int he yard for 4 hours. Then at 4:58, realized that the doors opened for the Story Tour concert at 5pm. I decided last second to just GO. I changed my shoes and pulled the leaves out of my hair and left. I made it in plenty of time, and the concert was GREAT. It was inspiring and Christmas-y and I am SO glad that I went. I was proud of myself, too. I went to a huge concert at the coliseum all by myself. 

It was a really good week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment