10.14.2012

Marble 5

I wasn't sure what to do with my marble this week... I didn't do an awful lot out of the house. 

I spent all of the first few days working on a gift for him. It was something I had already planned to do- maybe for Christmas- and I didn't see any reason to still not do it. It took several days on the computer- one night I was up until 3am- but I got it done, and ordered. It should be here this week, I am guessing. And I think I will package it up with the things I had already bought for his girls and send it to his work... His oldest's birthday is in November. Maybe I will send it along with some gifts for her. She will be the only one who didn't get her birthday with the whole crew this year... 

I spent another whole day working on the scrapbooks for my Ex. I already scanned thousands of pictures from all of the scrapbooks, and now I am working on cropping them all properly and then putting them into scrapbooks in Shutterfly and ordering them for Christmas. It's hard to look through all of those photos and remember how happy we all were. 

I spent a lot of the beginning of the week sitting at my computer staring at the screen- cruising through meme sites and Facebook- avoiding doing anything I really had to do. And then of course, getting more and more anxious about how much I felt like I was slacking...  I finally told myself that enough was enough, and made a list of all of the things I had to do, and started doing them. Of course, I felt much better afterward. I always feel happier and more self-assured when I am getting things accomplished, and don't feel guilty for being lazy or letting my anxiety or depression get the best of me. 

Ironically, I had a very long talk with L about that very subject this week. 

So, the marble.... 

This week I got a lot done. I finished T's gift, and started on the scrapbooks. I did my banking, and applied for several more jobs. I cleaned out the laundry room and did most of the laundry. I am almost done with M's dress, even after several setbacks. I got a job interview, which I am excited about. I also decorated the SS class bulletin board. And I spent 2 days in the yard, raking, trimming hedges, pulling weeds, and mowing. I am so sore. That was a lot of leaves. And there are more to come. So, this week's picture is my desk- with a few things from all of the things I accomplished this week. 

All in all, I would say it was a good week. There were a lot of sad parts. Several today, in fact. But overall, there was more good than bad. I let my sadness or depression get the best of me several times, and I felt really bad about myself for staying in bed so late several days... But I got it together by the end. And if I get the job, I will have to get out of bed, and I will have to be busy, and I think that is going to be great. 






No comments:

Post a Comment