10.29.2012

A Good Monday


I went to bed last night at 8:30. I was SO tired I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. I tried to stay up as long as I could so that I wouldn’t wake up at 2am and not be able to get back to sleep... I fell asleep and slept through until 10:30 this morning. That’s a lot of sleep. 

I did some work in the house, but there wasn’t a lot to do... 

The girls were supposed to come over after school. M read my status about the meatballs and she wanted some. She was so excited. I told her I would warm them up for her. I was excited that they were coming by. I texted them at 4:10, and asked where they were. M told me that Dad was bringing her by... She and Dad were going to come in and hang out and eat meatballs? That would be awkward. I was irritated that they didn’t let me know that they plan changed. I assumed that Audre had rehearsal...

X brought M by. He stayed in the car. She came in and hung out just for a few minutes and I gave her the meatballs in a tut. 

I talked to L a few minutes later- winds up she didn’t go to school today. He let her stay home to work on her college application essays. She has had months and months to do this, and she waited until 2 days before it is due. So he is letting her skip school to do it. Then she lectures me about how she needs to focus on what’s important. Now, with 2 days to go... 

Anyway, other than that, I got a lot done, I thought. I put all of Messiah into the iPad, and then did all the bookmarks and notations. Then I sang through the whole thing once or twice. I did half of my workout, and then showered, all the while, listening to the practice cd of the music. 

I went to practice at 7:15, and stopped by an ATM on the way. I heard some great songs on K-Love that made me happy. 

Then I sang though the entire piece, beginning to end, at rehearsal. I was nervous at first, but I did fine. There are a lot of parts I can’t do, but I did really well for a first run through. And ** sat RIGHT behind me and leaned forward and practically sang in my ear the entire time. He is amazing. I could listen to him sing for hours. And he is such a conscientious musician. I have spoken to him several times, and am amazed that he actually thinks that he is only a mediocre musician. He really believes that he is only average, and he painstakingly takes every instruction from directors to heart. You can hear him humming along or whispering the correct pronunciation of a word after the director has talked about it. He listens to everything Sir says, and does it, without being obnoxious about it. He makes me want to be a better singer and choir member. Being near him, and watching the way he puts 100% into practice makes me want to sit up a little straighter and pay more attention to Sir. 

I tried to get coffee on the way home, but all the Starbucks are closed. Hurricane Sandy is on her way, and the wind here is ferocious. I can hear it whipping the house. I got a pumpkin carving kit and some more lollipops instead. I am going to make another lollipop pumpkin to take to the church for Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday. 

I came home, settled down with some Spaghettios and watched last weeks Once Upon A Time. I feel fantastic. Even with some stress, today has been great. I got a lot done, and the music always makes me happy. 

I also took an aspirin, because I forgot my glasses and had to go all of rehearsal without them. We were on the next to last song when I realized I had a migraine coming on. I’m certain it is from straining SO hard to focus on the music. I really, really can’t see it anymore. It is time to do something. I’m thinking the 2 distance contacts thing like Mom and * do. I need to make an appointment. 

OK, midnight. Bed. I don’t want to ruin the good schedule I could have going, after going to bed at 8:30 last night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment