2.21.2013

Music

I have always had a connection to music that not everyone can understand. To me, music is the only way to truly express my feelings. Sometimes, the words to a song are the only way I can articulate something that I have been struggling to get across. I have always known that the way I communicate with my Higher Power, God, is through music.

I discovered a long time ago that when I listed to K-Love (Christian) radio station, that it seemed that every single time I got in the car, the song that played said something that I desperately needed to hear. Sometimes, it was something I didn't want to hear, but I knew it was true... Songs about God's unconditional love, or maybe about forgiving others....

In the last few months, I have been asking God to talk to me through the music. I have prayed for Him to tell me what I need to know, and what I need to do by placing the right song on the radio at the right time. I always pay very close attention to the very first song that plays when I get in the car.

One thing I have noticed is a very, very obvious theme. Song after song, I hear that God can make all things new- that you can leave your past behind- that you are not defined by your past, or your mistakes- that God's mercy and forgiveness are bigger than anything you could have done wrong... Over and over I hear this.

Lately I have been noticing that every morning when I wake up, there is a song stuck in my head. Always a contemporary christian song, and almost never a song that I was listening to before bed, or that I even remember listening to recently. I asked God if He was placing the songs there for a reason, and if so, I would start listening carefully to what he was saying.

I have started keeping track of what song I am thinking of every morning when I wake up. Sometimes it is so obvious that He is trying to tell me something.



No comments:

Post a Comment