12.20.2012

Mosaic

I got W a small Christmas gift. Just some peanut butter and jelly and fig newtons.... Just some things that seemed funny that we had talked about. He made me a sandwich once, and he eats fig newtons for lunch everyday. It wasn't any big deal.  

He texted and told me that my gift was "arriving" Thursday. He met the girls and I for dinner after L's show on Wednesday night to bring us the fudge he made for us, and then he met us again tonight night to bring my gift... 

I was a mosaic cross. He enclosed a card with the words from that text message on it.  It was a beautiful gift. Perhaps the most meaningful gift I have ever received. The girls just looked at me with these faces that said, "MARRY HIM" whenever he wasn't looking. They feel awkward around him, but they like him A LOT. I think only because he is so kind to me and they want to see me with someone who treats me like I am special... 


No comments:

Post a Comment